Subject: Re: Win95
From: Erik <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 13:08:29 -0700

I have now installed win95 on my system 3 times and on a couple of 
friends systems also installing win95 into a directory other than the 
windows directory is 100% the way to go.  Avoids the headaches of 
wondering in some win3.x stuff is conflicting or not.

When you install win95 go ahead and select the custom setup, you don't 
have to change anything, but it lets you see, what you are installing.  
My bet is that you will either not want something or want something that 
is not in the "regular" setup.

Don't forget to go to: http://www.windows95.com/ and get a cab extractor 
from the shareware pages so you can rextract your avi dll after you 
install lightwave ( enless 5.0 fixed that )

While you are at windows95.com you might want to grab some of the 
powertoys that are there.  Anyfolder is one I can't imagine living without.

On Sat, 20 Apr 1996, Tim Krego wrote:

> At 06:42 AM 4/20/96 -0400, you wrote:
> >        This is a difficult task - and it is in some cases impossible - 
> >resulting in a flakey and unreliable installation of 95. My advice would 
> >be to install 95 afresh. Hiding your previous version of Windows. Take 
> >off, nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
> 
> Just use custom install and put it in another directory. If you Win3.1 dir
> is c:\windows install Win95 in c:\win or c:\win95.
> 

*******************************************************
Erik G. H. Meade
[email-masked]
*******************************************************